Saturday 3 August 2013

Etsy is BIG



At the end of last year I found Etsy and decided to open my own Etsy store, Frederica Dixon, selling my handmade jewelry:

http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FredericaDixon





Well Etsy is BIG. There are a lot of sellers, especially jewelry sellers. So there is lots of competition making it difficult to start selling. There is so much advice, tricks, tips of the trade (hence why I have started spelling jewelry as if I'm from the US when I'm actually from London, I'll explain later) and all this information is in a LOT of different places and a lot of it contradicts itself.

So, I decided I would start a blog. And that each post would be on a topic around Etsy, crafting, online business, marketing, twitter, facebook etc. explaining in one nice clear place what I have learnt about it. The idea being I should consolidate my own knowledge so far (and give myself a bit of a kick up the bum to get some things done I've been meaning to) but hopefully to be helpful to other new Etsians.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment