Sunday 5 January 2014

Beads Wonderful Beads

My Etsy store stemmed from an addiction to beads and a need to do something with them. Unfortunately, or fortunately, however you want to look at it, this opened the door to a lot more beads!

For any other jewellery makers out there, I thought I would do a post on the best jewellery making supply shops I have found to date on Etsy and why. These are my top ten, in no particular order.

Mountain Shadow Beadshttps://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/mountainshadowdesign

Price range: £0.65 - £6.48
Sales:  100489
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

This shop mainly sells small beads, a lot of Czech glass beads, and no gemstones etc. The reason it is part of my top ten is it is the best seller I have found for toho seed beads. Some of my faves below:

 



These seed beads are currently £0.88 for a 2.5" tube so pretty decently priced and the store has a massive array of colours.

Here's a couple of the bracelets I have recently made with them:


Breathtaking Beadzzhttps://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BreathtakingBeadzz

Price range: £0.47 - £36.48
Sales:  47630
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

This store is a new one for me and whilst the seller sells all kinds of findings and beads, the reason this shop is in my top ten is because it is the first time I found some decent coloured bronze chain, jump rings, clasps and head pins that don't look too tacky / cheap. Here's what I bought:




Five Sistershttps://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/fivesisters

Price range: £0.94 - £4.69
Sales:  58668
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

This shop makes my top ten simply because the beads are so pretty! Very nice photography too and all the beads are just a little bit different than the standard. Some of my top pics of what they are currently selling:





Price range: £0.44 - £68.00
Sales:  19124
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

This store sells so many different types of thing its ridiculous. As you can probably tell from the price range it sells everything from silver plated findings to gemstone beads. My latest purchase from this store was gorgeous glass bell jars containing dried flowers which I made into these pendant necklaces:


Click here to see the purple flower listing and here to see the pink flower listing.


Price range: £0.63 - £71.00
Sales:  31467
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

This is probably the store on Etsy I have made most purchases from. Until very recently, when they changed the item, this was where I bought all my chain from, both gold and silver (I don't recommend the chain they are currently selling, it doesn't look as good as previously) and it is still where I buy all my clasps and jump rings from. But my favourite items from this store are the pendants. I love them! Here are some of the pendants and what I have done with them:


Click here for the item listing and here for the necklace listing


Click here for the item listing and here for the necklace listing


Gypsy Bead Peddlerhttps://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/gypsybeadpeddler

Price range: £0.63 - £12.41
Sales:  6035
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

I have been looking for the below item everywhere, and this item is where I found it! I want to make some new wrap bracelets making this - watch this space!
















Click here to get this item for yourself!


Price range: £1.09 - £14.35
Sales:  38504
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

This store is slightly more pricey than some of the others but you get what you pay for - these are good quality beads and not your standard beads to be found everywhere. In fact the store owner describes the shop as selling 'Uncommon vintage beads and findings'.

I bought these recently which I love...


Some other items in store now I have my eye on are these:




Price range: £1.25 - £2.50
Sales:  6
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

So this store only has 6 sales and two of them are from me! So a bit different from the stores above. This store only ever tends to have around 6 items for sale, all of which are very cute little glass jars with fimo clay goodies inside which you can make into lovely pendant necklaces, as I have below:


Click here for the item listing and here for the pendant listing.

RedRingKet - https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RedRingKet

Price range: £1.22 - £10.95
Sales: 223
Star Rating (from Etsy reviews): 5*

Whilst this store does have more than 6 sales, it is another store that isn't quite as established as some of the other shops above but I have no idea why. Here's what I bought recently:



So that's it. Think that might have been 9 rather than 10 but never mind. I hope you find this useful & happy shopping!!

Frederica




No comments:

Post a Comment